Consultation and resources
Unstoppable Studios Consultation Services
Awareness of Autism, particularly among adults who were not recognized as Autistic in childhood, is growing quickly. There is significant need these days for support and guidance among individuals exploring whether they might be Autistic and among therapists supporting clients who have begun this journey. In order to help meet this growing need I provide consultation services.
Consultation involves meeting for 1-3 sessions to discuss your questions and concerns related to exploring Autism without entering into a provider-patient relationship. In consultation I do not provide assessment or treatment for mental health needs. In consultation sessions I can answer questions, provide information, engage with you in reflection, and help you connect with additional resources. As a social worker I am not able to provide neuropsychiatric testing or formal diagnosis of Autism. I can help you clarify your thinking, reflect on your identity and past experiences through a neurodiversity lens, and explore whether and how to seek formal diagnosis or pursue self diagnosis on your own.
If you’re ready to pursue formal diagnosis, I recommend reaching out to Embrace Autism or Spectrum Psychological Services. You can also reach out to AANE’s adult services department for additional referral support.
Health insurance does not cover consultation services. I provide consultation services based on the following sliding scale. I provide guidance below for how to identify the rate that makes sense for you. If you are financially supported by someone else (parents, partner, etc) who has more financial means, my recommendation is to choose based on how you would locate them.
- $140 per session is the standard fee for consultation. This is for those who are able to meet their basic needs but have little-to-no expendable income. If you are struggling to conquer debt or build savings or move away from paycheck to paycheck living but have access to steady income and are not spending most of your time thinking about meeting basic needs such as food, shelter, medical care, child care, etc., this is the rate for you.
- $180 per session: This is for you if you have access to financial security, own property or have personal savings. If you can easily pay for wants and spend little time worried about securing necessities in your life, this rate is for you.
- $100 per session: If you struggle to maintain access to basic needs such as health care, housing, food, child care, transportation to get to work, and are living paycheck to paycheck or are in significant debt, this is the rate for you. I recognize even the lower tier fees are inaccessible to many, and am working to increase access to reduced fees over time. If you’re interested in consultation and can’t afford these rates, please do still get in touch.
Next steps to utilize consultation
- If you have questions about either personal exploration or professional development you can email email@example.com or submit to our contact form.
- If you’re ready, you can view and sign the consultation agreement and pay for consultation services for personal exploration here. Once you do that I’ll reach out to schedule.
- For professional consultation email me!
Recommended Reading on Autism and Neurodiversity
I curate this reading list to support folks interested in learning more about Autism and neurodiversity. Check it out if you’d like some help getting started in researching and learning more on your own. It’s got commenting enabled if you’d like to leave recommendations or feedback on what is included.